Last Updated March 12, 2018
Ackroo provides gift card, loyalty, and rewards (collectively, “program”) services to merchants of all sizes (collectively, “program owners”).
What Type of Information Does Ackroo Collect?
We collect personal information in order to manage loyalty and gift card programs. We collect this information in the following ways:
Information you give to us
You may provide personal information to us when:
- You sign-up for an Ackroo service, contact us requesting information, or to provide feedback.
Personal information we may collect:
- Name, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, email address, and birthday.
Information we collect when you use our services:
When you visit our website we may automatically collect website usage information. This information may include:
- Details about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet Protocol (IP) address, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
- Ackroo may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
- We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
How does Ackroo Use Information About You?
- Ackroo may use your personal information in the following ways:
- We may use your personal information to help authenticate you should you ever contact us for support.
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as email or invoicing vendors) and that help us communicate to you on behalf of program owners. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Ackroo may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- We may contact you with special offers, promotions, and/or sales inquiries.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Ackroo has taken the necessary precautions to be CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Legisltaion) compliant by:
The option for cardholders to unsubscribe is presented to the cardholder at the time the account is registered by the cardholder or merchant on behalf of the cardholder. This information is available to the Merchant and must be abided by in accordance with CASL. Ackroo will not be liable for any Merchant that is not compliant with CASL.
Ackroo may contact Merchants subscribed to the Ackroo service to communicate program changes, program updates, and promotions.
What Choices Does Ackroo Offer About Personal Information?
Ackroo offers choices for you to request updates or changes to your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Contact Ackroo, by phone: 1-888-405-0066 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can set your browser to block all cookies; doing so may affect certain functions of our websites.
How is Personal information Secured?
Ackroo takes reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical, and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information.
While we work hard to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Changes To This Policy:
Questions and Feedback:
You can send comments and feedback regarding this policy to email@example.com.