Join Our Team!
Location: Ottawa, ON
We seek a Full Stack Developer for a permanent full time position in one of Ottawa’s most exciting and innovative companies (intermediate level). Ackroo is building the next generation of gift card and loyalty rewards payment products. You will be challenged across a wide variety of technologies. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced and highly skilled team working to develop new features to drive sales and support our growing customer base. You should have a passion for software development and a desire to pursue excellence.
- Be a key member of our growing development team
- Challenge and improve our product and processes via Design and Development tasks
- Develop new features in one or more of our products
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails or other scripting style languages (PHP, Python)
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Design concepts
- Knowledge of SQL
- Positive attitude with a desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to work in a team and ability to learn quickly
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills
- University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Experience in any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Ideally 2-5 years of experience working on a software development team
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services interfaces
- Experience developing on Windows/Linux
- Experience with Agile development process
- Advanced MySQL experience
- Experience with other programming languages/frameworks (.NET/ PHP/C++…)
- Knowledge of .NET Development Framework
- Payments Knowledge – POS terminals, POS systems, credit/debit/gift/loyalty transactions processing
- Cloud Infrastructure and Continuous Integration tools (e.g AWS, Heroku, Github)
Location: Ottawa, ON and Grimsby, ON
We are seeking a Customer Success Guru for a full time, permanent position (combination of home office and in-office work) in one of Ottawa’s most exciting and innovative companies. This is a multifaceted role which requires abilities in enterprise customer support, product quality assurance, as well as documentation as a member of a cross functional team. You will work under the engineering domain, reporting to the Director of Product Delivery and Support, but must interface with other groups such as operations, customer support, and sales. Ackroo is building the next generation of gift card and loyalty rewards payment products. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced and highly skilled team that strives to deliver excellence.
Carry out 1st-line technical support based on product knowledge
Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution
Escalate product issues to Engineering team and customer support to Client Services team
Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products
Set up and test web applications across mainstream browsers
Identify and document product defects
Document knowledge in the form of frequently asked questions and technical articles
Understand and query SQL databases and run scripts to troubleshoot or complete support tasks
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and French
Proficiency with SQL queries, and understanding of relational databases
Comfortable with scripting languages – Ruby
Comfortable on the Linux command line
Ability to produce clear documentation using text and pictures
Understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and tools
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a cross functional team
Experience in any of the following would be considered an asset:
Familiarity with Zendesk, or equivalent customer service and support ticket system
Familiarity with Jira, or equivalent defect tracking/project management tools
Familiarity with Web Application testing across mainstream browsersApply For This Job
Location: Grimsby, ON
We are seeking a Finance/Operations team member for a full time, permanent position (combination of home office and in-office work) in one of Ottawa’s most exciting and innovative companies. This is a multifaceted role which requires abilities in accounting, collections, corporate purchasing and administrative duties. You will work in the Finance Department, reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, but must interface with other groups such as development, customer support, and sales. Ackroo is building the next generation of gift card and loyalty rewards payment products. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced and highly skilled team that strives to deliver excellence.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and other financial reports.
- Prepare cash flows, financial forecasts and budgets and make recommendations to improve profitability and ensure financial stability.
- Analyze financial performance monthly, produce the financial summaries and follow-up on any variances.
- Review A/R and A/P on a regular basis, follow-up on any overdue accounts and verify all cheques and invoices before they are submitted to the Director for approval.
- Customer Collections and inquiries
- Production and purchasing management of customer orders
- Preparation of tax filings, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Maintain consistent reporting and positive working relations with the external auditors
- Implement accurate cost accounting and determine and improve project profitability
- Analyze inventory, produce inventory reports
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- CPA designation is an asset
- Minimum 5 years in general accounting
- Must be technically proficient and up to-date in the latest changes in accounting standards
- Excellent knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and French(an asset)
- Experience in Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience in Tech Industry an asset
We are always on the look out for great talent! If you don’t see an open opportunity that you are interested in, email us your resume for future consideration.Get in Touch!
Why work with us?
Ackroo is building the next generation of gift card and loyalty rewards payment products and services. We have quickly become a market leader with our simplified and consolidated approach to the market and so we are looking for results driven superstars to join our growing team. We want problem solvers, strategic thinkers and individuals who are eager to make a difference in our exciting company.
Your health matters to us! We offer benefits for dental, health, and more.
We believe everyone should have skin in the game so everyone is an owner
We believe in work life balance so all employees get 3 weeks’ vacation plus 3 business days off at Christmas
Once a year we get together to focus on building innovation and do projects that are not a part of our regular operating plan
We not only have a virtual “snack shack” to demo our product to our customers we actually have a real one at each office.