In the automotive industry, an automotive rewards program is your key to increasing customer retention.
But how can you make the most of your automotive rewards program to ensure your best ROI?
We’ve listed three ways you can optimize your automotive rewards program and get the best bang for your buck.
1) Ensure staff is properly trained on the automotive rewards program
First, it is important that staff is trained on your automotive rewards program. In fact if they aren’t fully aware of the program, how will your customers find out about it?
An easy way to train staff on your automotive rewards program is incorporating it from day one.
For example, tie in the rewards program with your employee on-boarding and training program.
Additionally, provide a training session on using the rewards program. This way, your employees always have a resource to refer back to.
Secondly, ask your Ackroo Automotive Rewards support team for regular refresher trainings and encourage full staff attendance.
We also recommend naming an employee the Rewards Program Ambassador. It would be their job to be the advocate for your automotive rewards program and the go-to resource for staff.
2) Have materials on hand about your automotive rewards program
It is especially important for staff to always talk to customers about your automotive rewards program. However, it also doesn’t hurt to have marketing materials to promote it.
In fact, there are a wide variety of materials that you can use to help promote your automotive rewards program. Those materials include posters, car toppers, mirror hangers, and much more.
In addition, these materials help catch your customers attention while they are in your dealership.
One of the strongest marketing materials to have is a brochure.
Brochures not only outline your program, but they also have a section for program registration.
The information that you collect from registration is important for future marketing and communications to your customers.
In addition, brochures are an informative piece of your rewards program that your customers can bring home with them.
3) Use your data to communicate with your customers
Next, to optimize your automotive rewards program, keep an open line of communication with your customers through different marketing initiatives and promotions.
These communications are important for encouraging reward program registration and ensuring customers keep coming back to your dealership.
First, take the time to plan.
We suggest creating a marketing and communications calendar to plan the initiatives that you are going to push every month or quarter.
Then, make sure you have a budget for each. The more organized you are beforehand, the more effective your communications and promotions will be.
Next, use the data you are collecting in your rewards program and DMS system to communicate with your customers.
In fact, if you need a refresher on how to access this data, Ackroo is here to help. An Ackroo Automotive Rewards team member can provide training or help pull the report for you.
Two effective methods of communication are email marketing or direct mail marketing.
Email marketing and direct mail marketing are two services which can be managed in-house or by your Ackroo Automotive rewards support team.
At Ackroo, we take care of everything like content creation, data sorting, and design.
And if you’re wondering what to talk to your customers about, here are some ideas to help you start:
- Reach out to customers who have recently purchased a car and offer a service bonus if they sign up for your automotive rewards program.
- Update customers with their current rewards balance. In addition, add in bonus service dollars to help drive more business to your dealership and service centre. Remember to tie a deadline date to using the bonus service dollars for the extra enticement.
- Inform customers about your upcoming dealership promotions like your spring maintenance package or tire changeover special.
- Target customers that have not been in within 12 to 18 months. Offer those customers a special on service to help bring their business back to your dealership.
We hope that these tips help keep the wheels greased on your automotive rewards program and bring it to the next level.